How to arrange a consultation with a Doctor
We have made a big change to the way we would like you to consult with a doctor at Southcote Clinic. The old system was unsustainable and we have had to explore new ways of working to enable us to maintain the high standard of medical care that we believe we deliver.
Please work with us and use the new system and feedback any problems that you encounter.
1. Econsult – please use this on-line service to request advice and treatment from a doctor. The service will be manned during our normal working hours. A doctor will get back to you on the same day (usually within a few hours). At this stage it will be decided whether the problem can be dealt with via email, a telephone call or a face to face appointment.
2. Telephone triage. This is only for people who are UNABLE to use the Econsult service. Please phone on the day you would like to speak to a doctor and your call will be dealt with in the same working day.
3. Home visit requests. Please phone to request a home visit. This is service is only for housebound patients or those too unwell to attend the surgery. The doctor will phone you back to assess whether a home visit is required. Please make these requests as early as possible – ideally before 11 am.
Please phone to book appointments with the nurse.
Telephone number: 01895 679800
Out Of Hours
Weekends and Bank Holidays – 24 hours.
- If it is not an immediate emergency dial 111 to access NHS111 – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In the case of an emergency dial 999.
- You can also visit an NHS Walk-In Centre or Minor Injuries Unit – please see below – Please note some of these services have changed do to Covid-19 please phone them in advance to check opening times
- nhs.uk will also give available services near you.
Pinn Medical Centre – NHS Walk In Centre
37 Love Lane
Tel: 020 8866 5766
Open 365 days a year, 08.00-20.00 (last walk in 19.30)
Mount Vernon Minor Injuries Unit
Tel: 01923 844201
Open 7 days a week, except Christmas Day, 08.00-21.00.
Urgent Care – Accident and Emergency at Hillingdon Hospital and Northwick Park Hospital.
Extended hours: 8am – 9.30am Saturday (pre-booked only – no walk in).
If you are late for your appointment, you will be asked to re-book. This is to ensure that other patients are not delayed and because most problems cannot be adequately managed in anything less than the already restricted consultation time.
Please cancel any unrequired appointments so other patients can be seen.
As a practice we have a large number of missed appointments each year. This has an impact on how the practice runs, as it prevents other patients from seeing a doctor or other health care professional on the day they need to be seen.
DNA’s are monitored and frequent offenders will be removed from the practice list.